Friday, November 9, 2012

Home

Happy weekend! 
After our peaceful + relaxing cabin trip last weekend, it got me thinking about what makes me the happiest.
I reflected on the things that I don't need in my life (stress, anxiety, material things) and the things that I do need (J, Townes, family, friends, passion, and a fireplace). 
It is always the small things that bring the greatest joy. Cooking together, laughing, creating things with our hands, reading, and friends - these are the things that keep me young + happy.

We are still looking for our paths, the right jobs (whether they exist already or how to create them), the quickest way to pay off our house/ save money, and staying true to ourselves. Despite the search, it feels pretty amazing to be able to enjoy things together...like coffee in bed (Johnny Cash had it right). It's awesome to at least know that our family is a happy one and we love each other's company...every minute, everyday, and every season. 

"Where we love is home,
Home that the feet may leave,
but not our hearts.” 
― Oliver Wendell Holmes

4 comments:

  1. Love you Nicole! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too Lily bear! You always make my day by commenting - thank you! ♥

      Delete
    2. I can't believe it worked! I have been trying to figure out why it wasn't working for so long, I think I just had to not use my google account. yay!

      Delete
    3. I know! Miracles are always possible!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...